Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's About Music. And Edward Sharpe.


Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros "That's What's Up"
from Austin City Limits on Vimeo.
Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros starred in my first post on smmidge and they were my inspiration that day, and beyond. . . and still when I hear them, I'm happy and inspired.  The connectivity we can find through music is amazing and, well, essential to well being.  Atleast my well being.  What about you?

This song, "That's What's Up",  especially goes to my husband.  I love the words and aren't they so so true?  And the expression through words and movement in this video, I just adore.  Ben and I stay connected and inspired to this day through music, and it was one of the anchors of our young relationship. . . I suppose it still is.    Even so, sometimes, when you are lost, you need some music to bring you back.  When you need a break, music can provide it.  When you need to remember, music can take you there.  That's us, and probably all of us.

Below is another song that takes. me. there.  To another place.  But still keeps me connected, if that makes sense.  Angel from Montgomery.  Love this old, imperfect moment at FarmAid years and years ago with Bonnie Raitt and John Prine.  They didn't care about the audio problems or the mess-ups.  They still let it take 'em there.  And here is a very imperfect, old, late night, long-talks-and-beer rendition of the same, by Ben and me.  Thank goodness my friend put the grainy filter over it.  That is all.  But then again, who cares, because it's about the music and that made (and makes) us all happy, connected, and takes us there.   xx - m.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails